- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry had a busy Monday as she played the part of midwife just hours before heading to the studio.
Perry’s older sister, Angela Hudson, gave birth to her second child on Monday afternoon with the “Rise” singer at her side.
This isn’t the first time the singer has put her baby-delivering skills to work: Back in 2014, Perry tweeted that she could add “helps delivers babies in living rooms” to her resume as she aided her sister in the birth of her first child.
It’s been an eventful few days for the singer. Before becoming a new aunt, Perry shared a touching moment with a fan who survived the Orlando nightclub shooting on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The following day, Perry stirred controversy as she responded to a tweet from a fan asking about a future Taylor Swift collaboration to which she responded “if she says sorry, sure!”
Perry is continuing to work on her fourth album, which her manager said could be released sometime this year.
Helped deliver my sister’s baby at 2pm & am in the studio by 8pm. GET A GIRL THAT CAN DO BOTH
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) September 13, 2016
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Studios Home Entertainment