- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Keira Knightley is about to become a mother for the first time, but as far as awards shows are concerned, the actress is a seasoned pro. And Sunday night’s Academy Awards were no exception, when the Oscar-nominated actress shone in a flowy Maison Valentino gown and effortless, natural makeup to match.
PHOTOS Oscars 2015: The Top 10 Best-Dressed
“At this point, we’re a finely oiled machine,” says makeup artist Kate Lee, who has seen her fair share of red carpets with the starlet, with whom she’s worked for 12 years.
Drawing upon the color of both Knightley’s natural lip and tones reflected in the floor-length couture piece, Lee created a modern pout for the starlet, beginning with Chanel Precision Lip Definer ($31) in Natural, followed by the brand’s Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour ($35) in Marie.
“It’s the best version of a natural color — a little more intense version of her natural lip shade,” explains Lee. The finishing touch? A “reverse lip liner,” says the artist, who outlined Knightley’s lips with concealer to seal in the shade.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day