- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kim Kardashian is infamous for oversharing, but this time, her fans on Twitter thinks she’s gone a little too far.
The reality star was criticized for glorifying the flu as a weight-loss method after she tweeted, “The flu can be an amazing diet.”
She added, “So happy it came in time for the Met lol #6lbsdown,” referencing the Met Gala, the biggest night in fashion, which is coming up on May 1. She has since deleted the tweet.
Users were quick to call her words “irresponsible,” and noted that the flu can result in death — not just weight loss. Several users also poked fun at her priorities.
— Rain Man (@omgRainMan) April 19, 2017
— Ellen Streiff (@EllenStreiff) April 19, 2017
This isn’t the first time that the fashion industry has come under fire for citing illness as a weight-loss method. Just a few weeks ago, Twitter users took Cosmopolitan to task for promoting a story about a woman’s cancer journey with a tweet that read, “How this woman lost 44 pounds without *ANY* exercise.”
And then there was, of course, the infamous line in the classic 2006 film The Devil Wears Prada, in which Emily Blunt’s character gleefully announces that she’s “just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.”
Get well soon, Kim.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day