- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kim Kardashian doesn’t seem to have lost anything with her 72-day marriage — which is longer than most pundits gave it.
In fact, she only seems to have gained. But when it comes to her 16-carat diamond ring, she’s probably going to take a bath.
Andrew Streyer, a jewelry appraiser and gemologist, who deals jewelry for the website Pawngo.com, says the 16-carat ring is probably actually worth around $3 million, even though Humphries only paid $2 million.
“He might have gotten a deal because of whom he was marrying,” says Streyer. “But the diamond market and the economy being what they are right now, they will be lucky to get a million for the ring. And who gets the money is anybody’s guess.”
Traditionally, in divorces, women get the ring, contending it’s a “gift,” but after a very short marriage, it would rightly revert back to the man, as it was his money used to purchased it.
Either way, somebody’s going to lose a million dollars.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day