- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“When I saw her dress and intricate necklace, I knew a bold lip would be perfect,” says makeup artist Jillian Dempsey of the colorful lip she painted on Kirsten Dunst for Sunday’s SAG Awards that contrasted against the star’s porcelain skin and pale gown.
“Hairstylist Renato Campora and I felt inspired by the overall look and created the beauty vibe based off of it,” Dempsey says of the Dior dress and Fred Leighton jewels styled by Nina and Clare Hallworth.
A photo posted by Jillian Dempsey (@jilliandempsey) on
Guided by this vision of “a twist on French chic and effortless beauty,” Dempsey opted for Chanel’s Crayon de Couleur Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon in Rouge to create a vibrant lip. “I like working with this crayon because it’s easy to apply and lays down gorgeous, saturated color,” says Dempsey. To amplify Dunst’s pout, she colored slightly outside the natural lipline. (For an even more dramatic effect, Dempsey recommends first applying concealer or foundation around the lips and blending it out.)
The intense lip shade, coupled with dramatic black lashes (Dempsey used Chanel Inimitable Mascara) also called for a lighter eyebrow color. “It’ll make your eyes feel like they’re popping a little louder,” says Dempsey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day