- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In her memoir, The Secrets of My Life, published this year, Caitlyn implies that the series may actually have been her brainchild.
She writes, “The house is awash in puberty and adolescence and young adulthood and two parents with very different styles. It seems to me something is there for television. … Kris says she is the one who came up with the idea …”
In The Hollywood Reporter‘s cover story, Kris refutes that suggestion.
“It’s so absurd,” she says. ” I’m not sure what the motivation was for her to say something like that. I even said something to [executive producer] Ryan [Seacrest] like and we were scratching our heads going, ‘OK.’ Maybe somebody should remind her that it’s called Keeping Up With the Kardashians.'”
Kris and Caitlyn — then Bruce — were married from 1991-2015, and they had two daughters together (Kendall and Kylie). Caitlyn revealed her identity as a woman in April 2015 and went on to star in her own E! reality series, I Am Cait, which lasted two seasons.
Jenner declined to participate in THR’s cover story.
Read more about the Kardashians‘ 10 years on TV in THR‘s cover story.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day