- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There may be no more appropriate collaboration than the one between Lady Gaga, aka Mother Monster, and Mattel’s Monster High line. Come fall, the pop superstar will have her very own doll in her likeness, the toy brand announced Friday.
The range of Monster High dolls are aimed at those a bit older than Barbie age, which is perfect for Gaga’s following of Little Monsters. Undoubtedly even adults will line up to buy the new toy, which promises to be sassy and original considering its inspiration.
Gaga and her costume designer-slash-sister Natali Germanotta are designing the doll together, with the goal of encouraging girls to be true to their most unique selves. In that spirit, it’s part of a partnership between Monster High and the singer’s Born This Way Foundation. All the proceeds from the doll’s sales will go toward the foundation’s work to inspire a more accepting, kinder and braver society.
The design of the doll is being kept strictly under wraps, but Mattel did release an image of the silhouette. By the looks of it, Gaga’s rocking some major hair and bell bottoms. Even with some six months to go until its debut, the social media campaign #KindMonsters is starting now. Nothing stops her monsters!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
super bowl LVII
leslie odom jr.