- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pop super-star Lady Gaga is as notorious for her crazy costumes (including a dress and hairpiece made of raw meat and a her 2011 Grammy latex ensemble, complete with prosthetic shoulder and cheekbones) as she is for her multiple No. 1 singles. However, her wardrobe has been so over-the-top that she went bankrupt after her 2009 Monster Ball Tour.
The tour (comprised of 200 shows over an 18-month-period) ended in April 2011 and grossed nearly $200 million. The show’s revenue was clearly not ample enough to cover the cost of Gaga’s elaborate costumes.
The singer confessed to the Financial Times, saying “I remember I called everybody and said, ‘Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five No. 1 singles.’” Their reply? “Well, you’re $3 million in debt.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
super bowl LVII
leslie odom jr.