- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga kicked off the big 3-0 with a bang — specifically, a bright, flashy gilded mini hot off Saint Laurent’s couture runway.
The singer began her March 28 birthday celebrations a few days early on Saturday evening, stepping out on the arm of boyfriend Taylor Kinney for a Hollywood rendezvous with friends including Saint Laurent creative director Hedi Slimane.
All eyes were on Gaga’s ‘80s-inspired dress, first seen just weeks ago during Paris Fashion Week at the French fashion house’s first couture show in 14 years. With such exaggerated Saved by the Bell-era influences, some critics found it hard to imagine the poofy-shoulder pieces on the red carpet.
But while it’s true that some can end up looking lost in such a strong look, Gaga has never been one to let the dress wear her. Not only did the birthday girl pull off the shimmering, gravity-defying mini dress, she did it while teetering in 7-inch platforms. Thirty looks good on you, Gaga.
Thank u Hedi for this beautiful dress on my birthday, I felt like a rock n roll queen for my 30th @YSL Paris Couture pic.twitter.com/HUvuUzaY43
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) March 28, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day