- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Laura Dern wore a seemingly BDSM-inspired ensemble to the 2018 Emmys.
After going glam with an embellished black-and-white gown last year, Dern returned for The Tale wearing an armored corset from Thom Browne with a double-strand pearl necklace. The unique pairing combined ladylike femininity (thanks to the pearls) with a warrior woman aesthetic (thanks to the corseted dress with lace worn over a silk blouse). She completed the look with grosgrain sandals and a leather, mini attaché case, plus Piaget jewelry and Mary Kay makeup by Simone Siegl.
Attending this year for her dark drama about her character’s experience with childhood sexual assault, Dern chose to wear a sexy outfit reminiscent of Fifty Shades of Grey — perhaps trying to play off of her show.
Dern won last year for supporting actress on Big Little Lies, and opted for a feathered skirt by Proenza Schouler. Also wearing a bra top this year was The Crown‘s Vanessa Kirby, in a peachy silk bustier dress from Tom Ford with 20-carat Chopard diamond earrings and a Tom Ford snakeskin clutch.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day