- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Orange Is the New Black star Laverne Cox was a woman with a cause on the Emmys red carpet on Sunday in L.A. She revealed her sparkling look was by Naeem Khan, and then announced her Orly manicure was benefiting hurricane relief efforts.
“The collaboration is with Orly nails, and these colors are Shine and Androgynie,” she told Giuliana Rancic of the half-moon mani on her long, tapered talons. Her limited-edition box set ($49) — which benefits relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma — of six metallic and glitter polishes was inspired, she said, by her inmates look on OITNB.
“It’s about loving and adoring yourself. Whenever I get my nails done it’s about me time. I’m incredibly blessed and I think everyone can do a little bit.” After she talked up her nails and encouraged viewers to go to her Instagram for the link to purchase the set, the actress showed a photo of herself modeling for the fall campaign for Beyonce’s line Ivy Park, doing the splits. Is there anything Cox doesn’t do?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day