- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sad news: Bruiser Woods, the famous chihuahua in Legally Blonde, has passed away.
“With a sad heart, I have to let all the #LegallyBlonde fans know that Bruiser Woods (also known as Moonie) passed away yesterday,” she captioned alongside a photo of her as Elle with her all-star accomplice. “He was a sweet little Chihuahua who was very loved. I will never forget all the days we spent together … I’m sure his tail is wagging in the sky.”
Like Elle, Bruiser was also a Gemini vegetarian. (Never forget: “Hi. I’m Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods. We’re both Gemini vegetarians.”) And it wasn’t until Legally Blonde 2 that we discover that he’s also gay. In the sequel, Witherspoon’s famous character heads to Washington D.C. to work on Bruiser’s Bill to fight for animal rights after finding out that the chihuahua’s mom was being tested at a cosmetics company.
Not only was the canine part of the film that helped launch Witherspoon’s film career, but he was also there for her when she received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in December 2010. Snaps for Bruiser, everyone.
BFFs: Bruiser Woods (Moonie) and Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) in December 2010. (Photo: Getty Images)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day