- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mulberry, the British handbag line, also has a chic line of clothes — and the company has been celebrity-conscious for their branding from the start. At their spring 2013 fashion show this week, they had a pretty major front row: Downton Abbey’s Lady Grantham — Elizabeth McGovern — and maid with a heart of gold Anna — Joanne Froggatt (much more glam in person) — plus Lana Del Rey, Kate Moss, Alexa Chung and Gillian Anderson.
By Brit standards, it doesn’t get much better than this. Moss is one of the biggest British stars in the country, and certainly, one of the highest grossing and most recognizable. She’s one of the world’s great fashion icons — as well as just being an icon of cool. As for McGovern and Froggatt – Downton Abbey is even bigger in Britain than it is in the U.S., with season three debuting this past week to almost 9 million people. Even by U.S. standards, that’s huge — this means an entire one third of all British people with televisions are watching the jazz age soap — with fabulous costumes, of course.
Chung has become one of the best known fashion icons, having had a stint on U.S. TV as a presenter, and she definitely turns up in the fashion blogs enough. And X Files’ Anderson has been living in London for years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day