- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When scandinavian alterna-rock singer Lykke Li, 28 — who is praised equally for her cool androgynous style as for her melancholic 2014 hit, “No Rest for the Wicked” — needed a pair of fashionable-yet-functional shoes to wear on tour, she turned to Stockholm-based designer (and pals) Nicole Wilson and Behnaz Aram at & Other Stories (H&M’s fashion-forward sister label).
“She came into our atelier and we started to draw together and collect ideas. She loves black and a minimalistic silhouette, so that was our starting point,” says Aram.
The creative confab resulted in a razor-sharp, 30-piece capsule of gender-blending ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories, all spun in Li’s signature palette of blacks, whites and brushed metals. Landing online and at the retailer’s first U.S. flagship in New York this month, the collection includes tailored blazers, silk tops, smart bags and sculptural jewelry designed to fit her modern nomadic lifestyle.
Li, who is currently on tour supporting her third album, I Never Learn, has fully assimilated the look: “It’ll be my uniform until the day I die!”
Prices range from $60 to $345, available at stories.com ?in October.
Photos courtesy of & Other Stories
This story first appeared in the Oct. 4 issue of Billboard magazine.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day