- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MAC Cosmetics has announced a Star Trek-themed line celebrating the film and TV franchise’s 50th anniversary. And resistance, as they say, is futile.
Set to hit stores Sept. 1 and go online Aug. 25, the collection will make its debut at San Diego Comic-Con as part of an exclusive one-day presale July 21 at the MAC Cosmetics store in the Gaslamp district.
“Star Trek is an iconic pop culture phenomenon whose storylines pushed gender and racial boundaries,” says MAC creative director James Gager of the beauty brand’s decision to launch the line. “For its 50th anniversary, we celebrate each of Star Trek’s powerful women in a transcending, transformational makeup collection.”
Inspired by Commander Deanna Troi, Uhura, Vina Orion Girl and Seven of Nine, the 25-piece special deco collection features a mix of lip, eye and face products.
In 2014, MAC debuted a Simpsons-themed makeup collection at Comic-Con.
Most recently, the makeup label teamed up with Caitlyn Jenner to release a limited-edition lipstick in April, benefiting the MAC AIDS Fund Transgender Initiative.
LIVE LONG AND SPARKLE: MAC Star Trek. (Photo: MAC)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day