- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song have welcomed their first child, a baby boy, together.
Dakota Song Culkin was born Monday, April 5, in Los Angeles and weighed 6 pounds and 14 ounces, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed. Dakota was named for Culkin’s sister Dakota, who died in a car accident at age 29 in 2008.
“We are overjoyed,” Culkin and Song said in a joint statement. The baby is both actors’ first child.
According to Esquire writer Ryan D’Agostino, who profiled Culkin for the magazine’s February 2020 issue, the partners met in Thailand a few years ago while shooting the 2019 film Changeland, and Culkin painted a yellow brick road in front of the house they now share. They share a Shiba Inu, three cats, a parrot and several fish.
Culkin, 40, is set to star in season 10 of FX’s American Horror Story alongside Leslie Grossman, Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates, among others. Song, 33, recently appeared as JJ on ABC’s Station 19 and as Madison Maxwell on Hulu’s Dollface.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day