- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Madonna, 53, is still pushing the envelope with her sexually charged performances.
The commercial for her new fragrance, Truth or Dare, shows the singer gyrating on a shiny black floor in front of a mirror, wearing a mask and singing.
She writhes in feigned ecstasy, much like she’s done in videos for “Vogue,” “Human Nature” and, most recently, “Girl Gone Wild.” A soft focus lens flatters the singer, considered one of the most influential women in music, having sold millions of records for nearly 30 years.
But the New York Post reports that the Disney-owned ABC had some reservations about the video.
Here’s what their source says: “ABC viewed the ad [and] came back with a list of changes. They say they want her bra digitally made bigger, and to extend higher to cover more of her chest, and her corset longer to cover more of her bottom. ABC also wants to cut another suggestive scene where Madonna writhes around.”
Page Six earlier reported that Madonna’s video for her new song, “Girl Gone Wild,” had to be re-edited after YouTube put a “18 years and over” rating because of the racy content.
The Hollywood Reporter reached out to ABC for comment, but there has been no reply.
Tell us: Is this commercial too scandalous for primetime?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day