- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After taking heat from Twitter users who criticized the optics of wearing sky-high stilettos while boarding Air Force One on her way to tour the flood zone in Texas on Tuesday morning, Melania Trump deplaned for her debriefing on Hurricane Harvey in a completely new look.
Not only did she trade her stilettos for a pair of white sneakers (they appear to be Adidas’ Stan Smiths), the first lady also ditched her silky bomber jacket for a sporty white zip-up, which she paired with black trousers and a baseball cap reading “FLOTUS.”
The message? She is ready to dig in and help.
President Donald Trump deplaned in the same windbreaker, khakis and work boots that he wore while departing Washington.
— Kate Bennett (@KateBennett_DC) August 29, 2017
First Lady Melania and President Trump arrive in Texas to be briefed on Harvey’s devastating aftermath pic.twitter.com/Dz0IbQBRk3
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 29, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day