- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Superbaby is on the way. Supergirl actors and spouses Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood are expecting their first child.
Benoist on Wednesday posted on Instagram, “A non-canine child is coming to our family very soon!!! @christophrwood has always been an old dad by nature but now he’s going to be a real one!” Wood also posted the news, captioning a photo of himself with a faux-pregnant belly, “The photo is a joke but the news is real…!!!”
The pair reportedly started dating in 2017 before getting engaged and married in 2019. Kevin Smith, Odette Annable and Paul Wesley attended their September wedding in Ojai, according to E!
Wood has previously appeared on The Vampire Diaries, The Flash and Containment, while Benoist acted on Arrow, The Flash and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. On Supergirl, which is in its fifth season, she is the titular character and he plays Mon-El.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day