- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A few days after Michael Phelps revealed that he and Nicole Johnson were legally married over the summer, the couple walked down the aisle in a formal wedding ceremony in Mexico.
The Olympic swimmer and former Miss California held a ceremony Saturday night in Cabo San Lucas, according to Us Weekly. Both took to Instagram to post photos of the event. Phelps captioned his, “My best friend…. I love you!!” while Johnson — whose Instagram handle is now “Mrs.NicolePhelps” — wrote, “Truly the happiest day of my life.”
A photo posted by Michael Phelps (@m_phelps00) on
A photo posted by Nicole Michele Johnson (@mrs.nicolephelps) on
Johnson wore a custom Julie Vino gown and is said to have been working with the designer for more than a year on the dress.
During a Facebook Live chat Thursday, Phelps, 31, revealed that the couple had “been married for a while. Couple months.”
TMZ reported that the couple participated in a first wedding ceremony June 13 in Arizona that was officiated by Phelps’ agent, Peter Carlisle.
The duo are parents to a 5-month-old boy named Boomer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day