- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Young, a recurring contender on THR’s annual list of Hollywood Power Stylists, not only helps movie star clients like Michelle Williams, Sienna Miller and Natalie Portman regularly land on the best-dressed lists during their off-camera duties, but she she also has a wealth of onscreen fashion knowledge up her sleeve.
While sitting down with Williams for a game of “Fishing for Answers,” Young gave us a bit of a film history lesson by divulging her favorite use of fashion in film.
“Ooh, I wrote a book on that,” said the stylist, referring to her 2014 tome Dressing for the Dark: From Silver Screen to the Red Carpet. Her pick for the best style moment in movie history? The 1939 flick The Women. “The fashion show where it turns to color — done,” she gushed.
Watch the video above to see Williams and Young also dish on their favorite shoe styles, their style icons and their off-duty outfits of choice.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis