- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ever since Lanvin posted a Valentine’s Day video on YouTube showing Minnie Mouse’s visit to the label’s Paris studio, we’ve been eagerly awaiting the pop-in’s official unveiling. Turns out that the custom dress designed for everyone’s favorite mouse by Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz was Minnie’s party frock for Disneyland Paris’ 20th Anniversary celebration March 23.
While walking a runway presentation at the park, Minnie traded in her signature red-and-white polka dots, oversized hair bow and yellow heels for a royal blue, bejeweled mini dress with long sleeves and padded shoulders, complete with silver slippers and a red crown. Minnie’s new look at the catwalk affair drew applause from the celebrity-filled front row — including that of model Natalia Vodianova, who sported her own version of Minnie’s standard uniform in a cheeky Yayoi Kusama for Louis Vuitton polka-dotted collar — as well as a thumbs up from her paramour, Mickey.
This isn’t Elbaz’s first time working with Disney. The Israeli designer appeared as an animated version of himself in Barneys’ Disney-themed Electric Holiday campaign in December.
Watch the creation of the well-dressed rodent’s look, above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day