- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The enchanted princess’s tiara was created in 1976 and is comprised of 144 diamonds totaling 77.34 carats with a platinum and white gold setting.
According to Sarah Vicklund, manager of public relations of Van Cleef & Arpels Inc., it received attention from one of the film’s production members who saw it on display at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum exhibition “Set in Style: The Jewelry of Van Cleef & Arpels” in New York in 2011.
This priceless piece has been loaned by the renowned jeweler and will be worn by Collins as she plays alongside Julia Roberts. The Oscar-winning actress portrays the fairy tale’s evil Queen, who keeps Snow White captive and ruthlessly rules the kingdom.
Relativity Media’s adventure-comedy (which opens March 30) is based on the fabled Snow White legend, and also stars Armie Hammer and Nathan Lane.
E-mail: Shannon.Ma@thr.com; Twitter: @HelloShannonM
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day