- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Craving fall footwear? Online men’s style purveyor Mr Porter is unveiling a new shoe collection on Sept. 5 under its private label Mr P. apparel brand.
“A modern gentleman should have the right pair of loafers to wear with a suit, the perfect pair of white sneakers to wear to the office, or great pair of boots to wear with jeans,” says the brand’s footwear buyer, David Morris, noting such styles are all in the line, which is heavy on classics, along with leather lace-ups (at prices ranging from $325 for the sneakers to $615 for a pair of shearling-lined walking boots, all made in Italy).
Morris notes that with the success of Mr P. (it is one of the 20 top-selling brands on the site), it was only natural to introduce shoes to the mix. As with the clothing, each season will bring new collection “essentials” as well as trendier seasonal takes inspired by a men’s style icon.
For fall, that icon is photographer Peter Beard, famous for his portraits of Africa and romantic dalliances with models and actresses, whose global adventuring style is reflected in the many lace-up boot offerings, including a pair of desert boots in dusty salmon suede to wear if you dare.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day