- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Natalie Portman has welcomed baby No. 2.
The actress and her husband, choreographer Benjamin Millepied, have welcomed a baby girl, named Amalia Millepied, on Feb. 22. “Mother and baby are happy and healthy,” a rep for the actress tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Portman, 35, and Millepied, 39, are already parents to their 5-year-old son, Aleph. The couple, who first met on the set of Black Swan, tied the knot in August 2012.
Due to her pregnancy, Portman canceled her appearances at the Independent Spirit Awards and the Oscars. Portman was nominated at both award shows for her starring role in Jackie. She had been showing her baby bump on red carpets all awards season, including at the Golden Globes and SAG Awards.
While appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last November, Portman chatted with the late-night host about her second pregnancy.
“It’s weird because I’m a small person in general, so you show a lot faster and a lot more when you’re small. Everyone thinks I’m about to pop and about to give birth any minute, and I have months to go,” said the petite actress, who’s 5-foot-3. “I went to the store the other day to buy water, and the guy at the checkout counter was like, ‘Almost, huh?’ I was like, ‘No! Not at all!’ “
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day