- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Designer Joseph Altuzarra presented one of the most elegant collections we’ve seen this season on Saturday evening, sending his models down the runway in low-cut sequined dresses, fine white lace frocks and perfectly tailored pantsuits complete with lush fringed bags and Victorian-tinged laceup boots.
Much like the seductive sophistication found in Altuzarra’s pieces, the makeup also was subtle yet alluring. “I was thinking about a woman who’s beautiful, with a little charisma. It’s all about that natural beauty,” said makeup artist Tom Pecheux, who didn’t apply mascara on the models and kept the brows natural with just a light touch-up.
As for light smoky eye he created using the MAC Fall 2015 Eye Trend Palette, Pecheux applied gray eye shadow to the inner corner of the eyes on the bottom lid and a copper shade on the outside corner, blending the colors in the center and smudging on a purple sheer gloss. Pecheux finished off the lips with a bit of concealer, “mostly to take off the colors of the lips, like a veil,” he noted. Because one should never reveal too much, right?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day