- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This year’s major best picture snafu at the Oscars wasn’t the only thing that got viewers buzzing — there was also Nicole Kidman’s, uh, interesting way of applauding during the awards ceremony.
Of course, Twitter had a lot to say about it. “Nicole Kidman can’t clap either why is this happening,” asked one user. Turns out, Kidman had a reason for her peculiar clapping style.
The actress, who was nominated for her supporting role in Lion, explained that her expensive ring prevented her from clapping normally.
“It was really awkward! I was like, ‘Gosh, I want to clap. I don’t want to not be clapping,’ which would be worse, right?” Kidman said during an interview with Australian radio show Kyle & Jackie O. “It was really difficult because I had a huge ring on that was not my own, but it was absolutely gorgeous, and I was terrified of damaging it!”
Kidman paired her embellished Armani Prive gown with more than 119 carats of Harry Winston jewels that evening, including the 13.58-carat diamond ring. Now you know.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day