- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sarar is a newish menswear store in the Sunset Plaza, and it runs a series of “Style Over Substance” window campaigns.
The third installment reads “Presidential Fashion Debate: Vote for the Best Dressed Candidate.” There is a mannequin of Mitt Romney as Dracula, with a black cape and vampire teeth, and it looks like President Obama’s figure, dressed in a red checked peacoat and pants that hit just below the knee, is meant to be Captain Hook – the figure has an arm with a hook on the end popping out of his coat.
“Obama’s” jacket and “Romney’s” pants and shirt are clearly pieces that are on sale in the store.
Exactly what political ramifications this has are not clear. There are also a couple of pumpkins in the window for safe keeping. The store manager, Josh Bachove, has invited passerby drivers to honk once for Romney and twice for Obama. So if you want your voice — or your car — to be heard, do a drive-by. Perhaps on Halloween night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day