- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vanity Fair said Tuesday that its annual Oscar party has settled on its new location.
The event, hosted by VF editor Graydon Carter, will take place in a newly designed space at 8680 Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood.
PHOTOS: Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep and Other Actor Nominees Spill Secrets Behind Their Roles
The annual dinner and post–Academy Awards celebration is set to take place March 2. Invitations are being mailed out (see what Jennifer Lawrence‘s invitation looks like here).
The event — considered one of the most sought-after tickets during awards season — took place last year at Sunset Tower. As The Hollywood Reporter first reported, Sunset Tower owner Jeff Klein informed his staff of Vanity Fair‘s decision to leave that location in November.
STORY: Oscars to Celebrate ‘Wizard of Oz’ 75th Anniversary
The change of venue was said to be motivated by a desire to accommodate a larger party. VF‘s guest list already is known to soar above 1,000 people.
Before Sunset Tower, the party was held at the much larger (and since shuttered) Morton’s in West Hollywood. When making the move during the recession in 2008, Carter said, “The party will be a much more intimate affair than in years past; we’re going to scale back the guest list considerably.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day