- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elie Saab, who shows four collections a year in Paris and regularly dresses A-listers including Halle Berry, Julia Roberts and Jennifer Lopez, recently told THR that he can’t remember the last time he watched a movie that wasn’t on a plane. The prolific designer might be hinting at the need for a vacation with his spring 2015 collection. When guests walked into the tent in the Tuileries garden Sept. 29, the sounds of water and waves washed over the crowd, leaving us with no doubt as to where Saab was taking us: the Italian coast.
Show notes called the collection “Dive Into the Deep,” and Saab named his dreamy colors Amalfi Sea Blue and Lagoon Green. Temps inside the tent were rising quickly on this steamy September day, making guests surely dream of taking a cool dip. The collection also featured ombre coral and yellow gowns that were reminiscent of a romantic sunset.
When the last looks hit the catwalk in the form of full-length gowns with long flowing capes, Stevie Nicks’ 1983 smash “Stand Back” gave a sense of California rock to the collection.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Studios Home Entertainment