- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Catching ’em all can be lonesome work — but it doesn’t have to be.
Cue PokeDates, the inevitable dating website spawned from the Pokemon Go craze that’s swept the nation. Single PokeTrainers can sign up for the service online, and, after sharing their training schedules, will be matched with like minded players for an IRL Pokemon Go date. Because nothing is more romantic than finding and capturing a rare Growlithe in the name of love.
That true PokeLove will cost you, however. Each date has a $20 price tag attached — though the service is offering a special first-date-free promotion with the code, “POKEDATES2016.”
The site is a new branch of Project Fixup, an offline-focused dating website which emphasizes real-life meet-ups rather than virtual swiping and messaging. Co-founder Sarah Press writes on the site, “We saw the phenomenal effects Pokemon GO has in bringing people together over this shared passion (dare we say obsession?) we knew we had to create PokéDates.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day