- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The fashion goddesses (Rihanna, Kendall Jenner) have spoken, and they have officially declared the furry red YSL cape from Hedi Slimane’s fall 2016 collection — his last collection for the brand before stepping down in April of this year — as the must-have piece of the season.
If you follow the fashion crowd on Instagram, you know that everyone from industry insiders (Eva Chen), editors (Anna Dello Russo), celebrity stylists (Karla Welch), models (Cara Delevingne) and fashion bloggers alike have been caught posing in the cape, which retails for a cool $15,500. (Dello Russo loves her piece so much, she Instagrammed it not once, not twice but — count ’em — 10 times.)
In the words of Chen, “How could you NOT try this coat on?!” See their looks below.
Rihanna’s heart wants what it wants — and it’s a Saint Laurent coat.
Quit playin‘ games with my (Saint Laurent) heart, Kirna Zabete.
Not even Kanye West can ask Kendall Jenner why she’s gotta be so heartless when she’s wearing the cape.
Karla Welch’s heart will go on (over a pair of blue jeans).
If home is where the heart is, Eva Chen might just live at the Yves Saint Laurent boutique.
No, no, no, no, don’t phunk with her heart (coat).
Don’t go breaking her heart — it’s very expensive.
Cara Delevingne’s heart belongs to Saint Laurent — she also appeared in the brand’s ads.
Anna Dello Russo’s heart can’t get enough of this coat. Seriously.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day