- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Robert De Niro and Grace Hightower have split after more than 20 years as a married couple, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The two-time Oscar winner and the actress and philanthropist wed in 1997 and have two children together, a 20-year-old son and six-year-old daughter.
“Grace and I have two beautiful children together. We are entering a period of transition in our relationship which is a difficult but constructive process,” said De Niro in a statement to THR. “I honor Grace as a wonderful mother and ask for privacy and respect from all as we proceed to develop our roles as partners in parenting.”
The pair have split before, and De Niro filed for divorce in 1999. Five years later, he and Hightower renewed their vows.
De Niro’s marriage with Hightower is his second; he previously was wed to Diahnne Abbott, with whom he has two children, for 12 years. The actor also has two children with former girlfriend Toukie Smith.
Hightower’s marriage to De Niro was her first.
Page Six was the first to report the news.
Nov. 27, 8:20 a.m. Updated with De Niro statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day