- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Look: A single-strap pleated white dress embroidered with 3D Swarovski crystals, sequins and waxed ostrich feathers that was worn over black trousers from Givenchy Haute Couture fall 2016 collection, designed by Riccardo Tisci.
The Wearer: Rosamund Pike
The Event: At the BFI London Film Festival opening gala and A United Kingdom premiere on Wednesday evening at London’s Odeon Leicester Square.
Why It Matters: Pike tends to lean on the more relaxed, yet still polished side when it comes to the step and repeat, and her latest red-carpet appearance is no different. The 37-year-old star opted for the dress-over-pants look — a trend that’s still going strong on the runways and among street-style stars — that felt fancy enough for a film fest with the feathered and sequined details, but still casually cool with the pants covering up what could have been a va-va-voom moment with the hip-high slit. Instead of following the super-slicked-back ‘do that Kendall Jenner had when she modeled the look on the runway, the English actress pulled her hair back loosely into a bun. She finished her fresh-faced look with rosy lips.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day