- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosie O’Donnell is engaged.
A representative for the 56-year-old star confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter the news of her engagement to police officer and girlfriend of a year, Elizabeth Rooney.
According to People.com, the former View co-host revealed that a wedding date has not been set and may not be anytime in the near future, saying “this is a long time in the future. We both decided that that would be best.”
Speculation of an engagement was first made public earlier this month when Rooney updated her Instagram bio to include the letter ‘R’ with a ring emoji next to the letter, which was reported by Radar Online.
O’Donnell has been married twice before: to Michelle Rounds from 2012-2015, who died of an apparent suicide in September 2017; and Kelli Carpenter, whose marriage to the actress was annulled in 2004. O’Donnell shares four children with ex-wife Carpenter and one child with Rounds.
O’Donnell is currently starring on Showtime’s SMILF, opposite co-creator and star Frankie Shaw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day