- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is joining the ranks of David Beckham and Michael Jordan as athletes turned fashion stars by partnering with denim powerhouse True Religion as marketing creative director of the brand’s spring 2015 campaign, “Be So Bold.”
Although he’s most widely known for his basketball prowess, the three-time NBA All-Star is no stranger to the style game. Westbrook’s past fashionable endeavors include an exclusive capsule collection with Barneys New York called Westbrook XO as well as his own eyewear line, Westbrook Frames. It was his bold personal style and swagger, however, that made Westbrook the perfect fit for True Religion’s “modern-day outlaw”-inspired campaign.
The 26-year-old, who’s one of a growing handful of NBA stars to embrace the world of high fashion, including LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, will announce the partnership during the NBA All-Star weekend on Feb. 13 in NYC. Perfect timing, as the weekend overlaps with New York Fashion Week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day