- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Glee creator Ryan Murphy closed escrow on May 26 on Charlize Theron‘s house on La Costa beach in Malibu. The house, owned by Theron and former partner, actor Stuart Townsend, first went on the market for $7.5 million on December 6, 2010 and recently dropped to $6.995 million.
Murphy, according to a real estate insider, has purchased the house for $6.562 million. The approximately-2,100-square-foot, two-story beachfront property features three bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a large deck, a hot tub and fire pit. The writer/director/producer’s neighbors will include actor Stephen Dorff and producer Robert Morton.
Theron and Townsend bought the house — one of the oldest on La Costa beach — for $3.5 million in 2003 from actor Steven Weber. The listing agents were Ginger Glass of Coldwell Banker Beverly Hills North and Million Dollar Listing‘s Madison Hildebrand of Coldwell Banker, Malibu Colony office. Murphy’s publicist had no comment and Theron’s publicist could not be reached at press time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day