- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sally Morrison, a former Miramax executive and one of Hollywood’s top ties to the jewelry industry, has been named the new Head of Jewelry, Public Relations for The World Gold Council, which is headquartered in London.
A dynamic publicist with a very eclectic background – she has served as Elizabeth Taylor‘s publicist, Director in Charge of DeBeers Business and head of the Diamond Information Group – Morrison has bridged the gaps between the worlds of jewelry and Hollywood, drawing them closer together and pioneering celebrity-jewelry branding.
Morrison most recently served as Chief Marketing Officer of Forevermark jewelry, which provided Oscar-nominee Williams with the diamond choker necklace that she wore to the Academy Awards.
Morrison’s also known for her tasteful events, including one for In Style Magazine at the Beverly Hills Hotel for Forevermark this past season, which was packed with actresses and stylists. If Morrison can do for gold what she did for diamonds in Hollywood, the precious metal should be the statement thing by awards season 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day