- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Salma Hayek says women have a right to go under the knife, but she isn’t a fan of the plastic-surgery look.
“It’s like the uniform of a generation,” she says in the September issue of Allure, which features her on its cover.
“And it’s not necessarily beautiful. It’s not wrinkled-looking, but it’s not beautiful.”
Still, she says “every woman is entitled to fight to preserve her youth.”
It’s just not something she would ever do. In fact, the actress claims she’s “never had anything done on my face,” not even so much as a dermabrasion or peel.
Hayek, who voices a role in the upcoming Shrek feature film spinoff Puss in Boots, is in the midst of launching a skincare line dubbed Nuance that will be sold at the CVS pharmacy chain.
“I’m [creating these products] with the philosophy that within you there is beauty, and you have to learn how to find it and enhance it in a natural way,” she says, as reported by Fox News. “One thing that is exciting about being a woman is that you can rediscover your beauty over and over and over.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day