- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Even we, fashion mavens that we are, had never heard of German knitwear designer Iris von Arnim.
But when Sandra Bullock wore her grey double-faced long tailored coat during her appearance on NBC’s Today to plug Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, we gasped. The lines, clarity and cut remind us of another German designer, Jil Sander, in her heyday. Those Germans know a thing or two about chic minimalism, right?
We’re not sure how Bullock wound up with this coat. Von Arnim’s sweaters, dresses and coats are sold at 200 stores around the world — and only at Debra C. in Beverly Hills and just a few New York boutiques, domestically. Perhaps Bullock’s longtime stylist Debra Waknin is familiar with von Arnim’s knits.
Either way, it will certainly help the designer get more American stores. And while she doesn’t really do eveningwear, she’ll probably have a bit more access to celebs now.
Von Arnim also has done a collaboration with Germany’s most famous model, Claudia Schiffer, and together they create the Claudia Schiffer Cashmere collection.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day