- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Honey actress Sasha Lane arrived at Saturday afternoon’s Spirit Awards in Santa Monica ready to make a statement.
The actress stepped out in an military-inspired green skirt suit over a “Black Lives Matter” shirt, paired with a gold studded choker necklace. Lane wore the same top in a photo she posted to Instagram three weeks ago in celebration of Black History Month with the caption, “But every day, we should celebrate and embrace so don’t let the limits of a month confine you.”
The baseball jersey is by Mizizi and retails for $75. According to Mizizi shop, the jersey features, “A splash of Ghanaian influence, the Adrinka symbol of ‘Sankofa‘ lies on the right sleeve, symbolizing the necessity of reflection and growth, whereas on [sic] the left sleeve bears the raised black fist to further promote support and solidarity. Lastly, running across the back holds MIZIZI with 1865 directly below, corresponding with the year slavery was abolished in the United States.”
Lane recently landed one of the covers of Teen Vogue‘s relaunched quarterly print issues.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day