- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Dress: A floral print, sky-blue HVN dress designed by British DJ and model Harley Viera-Newton.
The Wearer: Selena Gomez, who was styled by Christian Classen.
The Event: Coachella weekend one, where the singer made it Instagram official with boyfriend The Weeknd.
Why It Matters: In a sea of music-festival fashion cliches (and offensive Native American headdresses), Gomez held her own in a playful, retro-feeling spaghetti-strap HVN dress made from a lightweight silk crepe de chine fabric that was ideal for traversing the polo fields. The floral print felt both appropriate for festival season, as well as Easter, which happened to fall on Coachella’s first weekend. The pop star completed her look with a matching floral print kerchief, white Ash sneakers and Alain Mikli sunnies.
Viera-Newton founded her New York-based label HVN in 2016 and has already dressed a number of fashion “It” girls, including pal Alexa Chung, Sasha Lane, Margot Robbie and Emily Ratajkowski. Gomez has worn the brand several times now, too.
Where to Buy: The Falling Floral Nora dress is coming soon to hvnlabel.com. In the meantime, a similar style with the same print (including the Falling Floral Lily silk slip dress for $445) is available at matchesfashion.com and openingceremony.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day