- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Miss America competition (not to be confused with Miss USA, the pageant of Donald Trump/NBC scandal infamy) has officially announced designer Sherri Hill as the long-term gown sponsor of the annual event. Hill will not only provide gowns for the live telecast on Sept. 13, but will also dress Miss America for appearances and events throughout the year.
Though she’s dressed a slew of young Hollywood stars including Selena Gomez, Bella Thorne and Ariana Grande, Hill’s (arguably) most significant contribution to the world of fashion was taking a chance on runway newbie Kendall Jenner back in 2011. That’s right, before she was “besties” with Karl Lagerfeld and covering more magazines than we even believed was possible, Jenner walked for the first time alongside sister Kylie Jenner and fellow budding model Hailey Baldwin in Hill’s flowy, embellished gowns.
And like, really, who can imagine the industry without Kendall Jenner?! So for bringing her into every waking moment of our lives, Sherri Hill, we thank you.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day