- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Six women’s timepieces from Cartier, Bulgari, Piaget and more feature intricate tourbillons, the mechanism in a spinning cage invented in 1801 by Abraham-Louis Breguet to counteract the effect of gravity and improve a watch’s accuracy.
1. Piaget The Altiplano Tourbillon is limited to 28 numbered pieces and features a meteorite dial in a 41mm rose-gold case accented with 60 brilliant-cut diamonds. Constance Wu has worn Piaget. Price upon request, at Cellini Jewelers, New York, and Piaget, Beverly Hills.
2. Breguet The latest from Breguet is the unisex Classique Extra-thin Tourbillon 5367, featuring a tourbillon at the 5 o’clock position on a white grand-feu enamel dial in a 41mm rose-gold case. $147,500, at Breguet, Beverly Hills.
3. Vacheron-Constantin More than 550 diamonds totaling roughly 6.50 carats adorn the 39mm white-gold case of the Traditionnelle Tourbillon Jewelry, which comes with satin and alligator straps. $207,000, at Vacheron Constantin, New York and Beverly Hills.
4. Cartier A tourbillon is key to the look of the unisex Pasha de Cartier Skeleton, housed in a 41mm case of 18-karat rose gold, with interchangeable leather straps. Maisie Williams is a new ambassador for the brand. $92,000, at Cartier, New York and Beverly Hills.
5. Bulgari The latest Serpenti Seduttori showcases a tourbillon at 6 o’clock on a diamond-embellished dial in a rose-gold case with diamond bezel and ruby crown. Lupita Nyong’o wore a Bulgari Serpenti watch to the Golden Globes last year. $82,000, at Bulgari, New York and Beverly Hills.
6. Jaeger-LeCoultre Limited to just eight pieces, an orbital flying tourbillon is joined by minute repeater and celestial vault complications in the Master Grande Tradition Calibre 945, housed in a 45mm white-gold case and bezel embellished with diamond baguettes. Price upon request, at Jaeger-LeCoultre, New York and Beverly Hills.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day