- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In preparation for the uncharacteristically rainy L.A. Sunday, crews at the AMAs brought in the wet vacs, umbrellas and tarps. Meanwhile, the ladies who hit the carpet also prepped for showers with slicked-back, waterproof ‘dos.
Jenny McCarthy, Daya and host Gigi Hadid all opted for the sleek, wet-hair looks that wouldn’t be ruined by frizz or deflating volumes as they walked down the drizzly red carpet.
Hadid, who arrived in a stunning white Roberto Cavalli gown, rocked thick waves that cascaded down her back. Said hairstylist Bryce Scarlett, who created the bouncy curls with the ghd Soft Curl Iron, “Gigi was wearing a gorgeous white lace gown that had a sexy ‘70s vibe, and we wanted her hair to reflect that too. We took inspiration from Lauren Hutton and went for brushed-back curls that would look glamorous, but still effortless.”
McCarthy — in a deep-v black jumpsuit — slicked her blunt blonde bob on the sides, and 18-year-old singer Daya paired her wet-hair look with a Dolce & Gabbana ensemble.
To top off their cool looks, all three ladies paired their chic hairstyles with the accessory of the season: the choker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day