- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forget hunky celebs and athletes — it looks like the new pool for high-fashion cover stars consists of lanky tech executives with supermodel girlfriends.
This is true, at least, in the case of Snapchat CEO and co-founder Evan Spiegel, who stars on this month’s issue of L’Uomo Vogue. The 25-year-old was styled by Rushka Bergman in the likes of Bottega Veneta, Burberry and Dsquared for the Francesco Corrazzini-lensed cover of the Italian mag.
For his feature, in which the Spiegel is spun as a less- nerdy Mark Zuckerberg (he drives a Ferrari and is dating Miranda Kerr, after all), Spiegel discusses how he built a $2.1 billion net worth in just a few short years. The accompanying photos paint the tech mogul in a luxurious light, showing him cuddling puppies, wearing fur coats and lounging in leather, as one does.
Fashion’s love affair with social media is no secret — just take a look at Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom, who recently co-hosted a Paris Fashion Week party with Vogue Paris, which was attended by fashion month’s favorite supermodels (think Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid) plus fashion’s man of the moment, Kanye West.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day