- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winning director Michel Hazanavicius wore YSL at the Oscars. So did Zachary Quinto. But the man at the helm of the womens’ collections at the fashion house has suddenly left the fold.
Stefano Pilati has been rumored to be out for at least a year now at YSL. While his accessories have continued to sell well, particularly the shoes, the clothes have been languishing at retail for some time. Fashion people have been surprised to see how long he’s managed to hang on.
Also this weekend, much lauded designer Raf Simons stepped down at Jil Sander while showing his triumphant last collection for fall. Simons was vague about leaving, but chances are good he will be showing up as designer of Christian Dior as early as next week. It’s considered one of the top jobs in fashion.
And what name’s been bandied about as the next YSL designer? That would be Hedi Slimane, who was for years the designer of Dior Homme, but dropped out of fashion to take pictures and now lives in Los Angeles. This would be a most inspired choice!
It’s a week of fashion musical chairs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day