- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry’s not the only one with “Bon Apetit” on the brain.
With the 70th annual Cannes Film Festival underway, A-listers have been enjoying the warm climate, the beautiful views and, of course, the French cuisine.
This year, the stars will be served the Green Cadet at the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar, which has been the official wine sponsor of the film fest since 1992. The simple yet refreshing cocktail features the brand’s Mouton Cadet Sauvignon Blanc (and yes, you can buy it in America) and has reportedly been sipped by the likes of Eva Longoria and Woody Allen over the years.
The Green Cadet
– 4 oz of Mouton Cadet Sauvignon Blanc
– 0.3 oz sugar cane syrup
– 1 lime peel
Fill a large wine glass with a dozen ice cubes and build cocktail.
If you’re feeling a bit of FOMO about not being in Cannes yourself, maybe try the F. Scott Fitzgerald — named for an American, yes, but made with a favorite French export: Armagnac, a distinctive kind of brandy produced in the Armagnac region in Gascony, southwest France.
Unlike the Green Cadet, the F. Scott Fitzgerald is being served up locally at The Board Room in DTLA, or you can make your own.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
– ?1 oz H by Hine Cognac?
-1 oz Tariquet VS Armagnac?
-0.5 oz Lillet Blanc
-0?.25 oz mandarin napoleon?
-0.25 oz maple syrup (50/50 maple syrup and water)
??Stir and strain into coupe glass with a dehydrated orange wheel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day