- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tobey Maguire and Jennifer Meyer are splitting up.
The duo is separating after nine years of marriage, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The former partners issued the following joint statement to People: “After much soul searching and consideration we have made the decision to separate as a couple. As devoted parents, our first priority remains raising our children together with enduring love, respect and friendship.”
Maguire, 41, and Meyer, 39, met in 2003 while the actor was filming Seabiscuit. They got engaged in April 2006 before getting married in September 2007 in Kona, Hawaii.
The pair have two children together: nine-year-old daughter Ruby Sweetheart Maguire and seven-year-old son Otis Tobias Maguire.
Meyer, the daughter of NBCUniversal’s Ron Meyer and a jewelry designer whose delicate gems are a Hollywood favorite, launched a California-inspired capsule collection in July and debuted her Superga shoe collaboration earlier this year.
Maguire is best known for playing Spiderman; his film credits also include Pawn Sacrifice (2014), Labor Day (2013) and The Great Gatsby (2013).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day