- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Ford is setting up shop across the pond. The American designer has announced plans to open his first stand-alone British store in London’s stylish Knightsbridge neighborhood in the fall. Ford will join other luxury designers including Chanel, Prada and Christian Dior on Sloane Street.
The 8,000-square-foot flagship space will stock Ford’s womenswear, menswear and accessory collections plus, his wildly popular beauty line. Ford, who launched his namesake label in 2005, boasts loyal Hollywood fans Julianne Moore, Colin Firth, Rita Wilson, Rihanna, Jon Hamm, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jay-Z and mega stylist Rachel Zoe.
The store’s fall 2012 opening is timed perfectly with the release of Daniel Craig‘s latest James Bond film Skyfall (out Nov. 9) — Ford almost exclusively created Craig’s 007 wardrobe.
Britain’s sharpest-dressed spy will wear everything from bespoke Tom Ford suits and tuxedos to ties and dress shoes in the film. And, it’s a safe bet that Ford’s limited edition James Bond 007 shades will be available at his new Sloane Street location.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day